This Guidance tips we have sharing with you is Orignally written by Mr Raman_chugh on economictimes article
This Post is only for those who Managed to Get JIO Sim using Non-JIO Phones Like Redmi Note 3, One Plus 2, Moto G3 Users.
If you are not able to get the Jio Sim
- The SIMs will only work on the Device from which you Generated the Bar Code. So the First thing is Don’t Buy or Purchase Bar Codes or Generate Fake Bar Codes by changing IMEI from Anyone. It won’t Work.
- Use your own Device to Generate Bar Code and then Try your Luck on Reliance Digital Stores. Don’t Worry. It’s Legal as you got the Bar Code from your Device only.
Here’s the Process to Activate it Correctly.
- Install all JIO Apps beforehand using WIFI or Mobile Data. Specially JioJoin App.
- After you Grab SIM, wait for the SMS: “Your Phone is Ready for Tele-Verification.” Normally it will Come by at best 48 hours. Sometimes it took 2 hrs only. Always put SIM in Slot 1. Turn Internet On in Slot 1.
- Open JioJoin App. Accept Permissions. It will Automatically Verify your SIM. (Make Sure JIO Mobile Data is On)
- Now Call 1977 using JioJoin App with Mobile Data On. This is VoLTE Calling. Calling with Internet Data. Your Default Dialer Won’t work.
- Tele-verify your Sim. You will Get Internet Settings via SMS and Some Subscription Plan SMS within 5 Minutes.
All Done. Test your Internet by Downloading and Calling. (Yes, all Calls you do will be VoLTE Calls, and it needs Internet). You don’t need Internet to Receive Calls however.
- Now Open MyJio App. Click Skip. It will Log you via Mobile No. Now you can see you got 2 GB Data and 100 Minute Call. Don’t Worry you will Get Unlimited after you Consume them.
Sim will NOT WORK on Non 4G Devices. You must Need 4G Device which may or may not Support Volte. If it Supports, then Better, you will Get Better Calling Experience. Even if it doesn’t support Volte, Don’t Worry, JioJoin will work Normally.