RELIANCE JIO WILL LAUNCH ON SEPTEMBER 5. THIS WILL BE THE PREVIEW LAUNCH.
Till December 31, as part of the welcome offer, there will be no charge on voice, data services on the Jio ecosystem.
- Under it's welcome offer, all Jio services including voice, apps, and 4G LTE data would be vailable free of cost to everyone from September 5 to December 31, 2016.
- All voice calls to be free; no Jio customer will have to pay for any voice call
- Roaming charges for Jio customers will be 'zero' within India
- The base 4G LTE data rate on Jio will be 1/10th of other players - at INR 50 per GB
- 10 4G LTE data plans to choose from
- Under a special student discount scheme, students to get 25% more data on producing a valid student identity card
- A peak download speed of upto 135 MBPS on the Jio network
- Jio's app booking, worth INR 15,000 for an annual subscription, will be available free for all active Jio customers till December 31, 2017
- 4G-enabled smartphones to be launched at INR 2,999 under its LYF brand
- Jio network not only supports 4G but is 5G and 6G ready too.
- Jio SIM cards to be issued on Aadhar-based eKYC or paperless CAF as well
All data services will free till December 31, 2016 after which users will be able to choose their tariff plan. The free services will start September 5, he said, though they have been free for all users for a few months now. Ambani called it the Jio welcome offer, the best anyone was offered anywhere in the world.